Poppylium Designs

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Shiny layout

I love challenges! I just finished a layout for Stacey's Scraptunes challenge over at Scrap N'Art. Somehow, it was the hardest layout ever for me, I changed it a lot, even at the last minute, but I enjoyed every minute of the frustration. The rules were to scrap an inanimate object and include song lyrics. I chose the ring that I just got for my 30th birthday which was originally my great-grandmother's and was passed down to my grandmother, then my Mom. It was bought in the late 20s in Paris and I can't beleive it's mine now. It's gorgeous and very meaningful.
For the song, what better choice than "Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend". I took the inspiration for the colours and style of the layout from the actual scene in the movie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0FDGnAIWpk) and here's the result!


Feedback is always welcome...

PS: If anyone was wondering, I didn't make the CT I applied for...better luck next time.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! cette page est grandiose! Parfaite!

Post a Comment