Poppylium Designs

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

ABCs of me

Today, a completely non-digiscrap post, just for fun!
I was reading my digi friend La'Shawn's blog and she did her ABCs and I thought I'd give it a go too.
Here it goes:

A. Age: 32

B. Bed size: queen (shared with my hubby who's 6'6" and sometimes our doggie)

C. Chore you dislike: I don't like doing the dishes too much, it hurts my back and I hate touching wet food

D. Dogs: love them, I'm a huge dog person, and we have an adorable long-haired dachshund (which we call a mouldy wiener) named Schatzie (which means sweetheart in German)

E. Essential start to your day: it used to be music to wake me up, now I"d say a good shower, a good breakfast and a big hug from my son Cédric

F. Favourite colour: teal (with dark shades of purple very close second)

G. Gold or silver: gold

H. Height: 5'9" (and a bit)

I. Instruments you play(ed): none really, I took a year of piano lessons and played the recorder in school, I do love to sing though

J. Job title: technically I'm qualified as a French as a Second Language teacher, practically my job title is Mom

K. Kids: one adorable little boy

L. Live: I live in Timmins, Ontario (Canada), but I've lived in 10 cities (and even more houses), I was born in Saskatchewan to French parents, raised all over France and I moved to Ottawa at 20 on my own and have lived there 7 year, then a short 8 months in Kingston, On, and then moved to Timmins (hubby's home town)

M. Mom's name: Danielle

N. Nicknames: this is kind of a sore subject for me, my full name is Marie-France and everyone wants to shorten it to Marie, which I hate, my cousin nicknamed me Marif which is my pseudonym all over scrapland and I like, but most people don't want to use it for some reason, hubby calls me Bub (pronounced like "tub" I guess, it's a weird derivation on Baby, and it's what I call him too), my son calls me Maman (this one I love) and my SIL and BIL (and their son) call me Marf which I do NOT love, my SIL doesn't speak French and tried to find a nickname for me, I would have prefered MF but she thought Marf was funny and sadly it stuck

O. Overnight hospital stays: only the few days after Cédric was born (4 nights)

P. Pet peeves: hearing the noise it makes when people eat, toys or pencils that are not in proper "rainbow" order (I re-order everything so the colours are in the right order), and many more

Q. Quote from a movie: the first one that comes to mind is "you shut your mouth when you're talking to me" (from Wedding Crashers), but there are many others

R. (this one was blank, I chose my own) Recreational activities: digiscrap of course, yoga, long hot baths, reading, and watching TV and movies

S. Siblings: one older sister Anne-Laure (coucou Nenaure ;) )

T. Time you wake up: between 6:30 and 7am on week days and around 8am on week-ends

U. Underwear: that's a funny one, first I always wear some (no going commando for me) and they are simple cotton ones

V. Vegetables you don't like: cooked cauliflower, Brussels sprouts and any other fart smelling cabbage (I like them raw though)

W. What makes you run late: not much, I tend to be really early, now that I have a son to get ready too, I am just about right on time

X. X-rays: I've had sooooo many when I was a teenager (my knees, my hands mostly, my back...) because my ligaments are too long and loose, and also lungs, throat, teeth of course, but never for anything serious (like because of an accident)

Y. Yummy food you make: I bake pretty decently so chocolate chip cookies, pear pie with marzipan, pina-colada-banana cake, ...

Z. Zoo animal favourites: that's a hard one, I love animals in general, anything furry and cuddly looking, I'll go with polar bear cubs, and La'Shawn, if you're reading, you didn't answer this one, but I know... pandas, right?

Well, there you go, hope you enjoyed reading!

1 comments:

La'Shawn said...

Love it! Dang your hubby is tall!! and you did good coming up with the blank ones. I couldnt. :) I liked reading the ABCs of Marif. :)

Post a Comment