Poppylium Designs

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Vacation, water fun and hot tubbing!


This week's kits and memories scrapped are actually quite in line with what we did this week!
We took a road trip about 9 hours away to visit a Great Wolf Lodge water park. Gastro all night aside, we had a lot of fun in the various pools, lazy rivers, and hot tubs. We had rented a minivan and were all pretty comfortable (hubby and me, my parents and my little guy), and it was fun to see the ontarian landscapes change and get out of the evergreens we live in.



Incidentally, the kits that Bella Gypsy released led to scrapping more of our Florida road trip last year, and some water fun photos from 2012!



First, the two Iron Scrapper 2015 kits that came out are called Best Day of My Life and Pocket Full of Sunshine. They are very versatile and happy:




The colours were perfect for some of the everyday moments and non-disney parts of our road trip to Florida in March 2014. There's a gorgeous little cake which I used for the photos of my father in law's 60th and an cute night owl to document my little guy night antics (not sleeping and climbing in the furniture):


The other kits are coordinated and both pool themed. The first is a bright, awesome summery kit called Pool Party:



I used it to scrap some really fun photos of Cedric and his uncle Marcel who was visiting from France having some water fun on the deck :D




Isn't my uncle cute sitting in a turtle, eating a duck and wearing a crab? lol

And the coordinating kit (which you get free for a few days if you buy Pool Party) is called Night Swimming and is GORGEOUS. It's all blues and purples and has the most amazing flair with the moon and some waves. I LOVE it:



I used it for another photo from 2012 of our first dip in out hot tub. We were under a gorgeous full moon and I always wanted a hot tub, so it was a very happy evening:


And that's it for this week!

2 comments:

La'Shawn said...

That is still one of my favorite layouts of yours. I am totally going to take your suggestion and scraplift it...unless you get around to making that template. I am so glad you are on BG's team!! Are you still guesting or are you permanent now?

Marie-France Gervais said...

Thanks La'Shawn!! I have my parents over for another couple of weeks, but a template would be fun. I haven't made one in a long time...
I am now permanent on the team, woohoo! And believe me nobody is happier about it than I am :D

Post a Comment