Poppylium Designs

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Do glasses help to look on the bright side?


So the title is linked to the kits that Bella Gypsy released this week, but also very much to my life right now...
I'm feeling pretty old lately as my eyesight seems to be going down :(
Things are a little blurry sometimes, I can't read small things and when the sky is bright, I can't focus my eyes anymore. I have an appointment to the optometrist in a couple of weeks, but in the meantime, I've been wearing some really old glasses that I got in my third year of university. Back then the doctor said my eyes were fine and I was just tired, but prescribed them with the minimum correction available to help force my eyes to work and keep me awake. I was doing A LOT of reading to study and they helped a little. So I thought I'd get them to see if they would help a bit, and sadly I think they kind of do. I had chosen them with my sister :D
This time, if I need some, I'll have to bring my hubby to help me chose! But maybe I won't need any (cross your fingers for me people).
And as a fun coincidence, Bella Gypsy released the mini Bespectacled, which is all about glasses! So I put on my old glasses and took a couple of silly selfies. Check out Bespectacled:



And my silly layout;


But if you like Bespectacled, I suggest you take a look at the kit that it coordinates with (and if you like both, you can invest in the bundle, get the kit, the mini, and an extra pack of accents if you buy it in the next few days!). It's called Bright Side and is all about looking at the positive side of things (an attitude I love and try very hard to embrace):




This one was perfect for a photo from our Florida trip last summer. We took a golf cart ride in the neighbourhood and got caught in the rain! So it is both a literal and philosophical use of the kit :D
Cedric was so happy and thought it was so funny (of course, they were covered and I was in the back with no roof...):



Can I just say how happy the rainbow colours forming the word "rainbow" in the sticker above my head make me?

0 comments:

Post a Comment